Pumpkin Curry Soup
A yummy winter warmer! Make a batch of pumpkin curry soup for dinner and use left overs for a quick delicious lunch.
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 1 brown onion
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare baking tray and set oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut pumpkin and remove seeds, then cut into chunks. Bake for about an hour or until soft.
- Place soup pot on stove and add oil and diced onion and cook until onion is slightly golden.
- Then add curry, turmeric, cumin, coriander and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to pot, cover and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, remaining water, vegetable stock, coconut milk, salt and pepper to soup pot then use a stick blender in the soup pot and blend till all ingredients are smooth.
- Heat mixture for another 30 minutes then serve
- You may like to garnish with some coriander