Simple rice and veggie bowls
This is a delicious and simple way to get lots of vegetables, fibre and good fats into your day!
Tip: cook the rice and chop up vegetables the night before so it’s easy to throw together in the morning for a school or work lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, skin and seed removed, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup black beans (canned beans are fine)
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced using a peeler
- 2 cucumbers, chopped into cubes
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into cubes
- Handful cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Handful coriander
- Start by placing 1/2 cup of brown rice into each of your bowls or containers.
- Add all remaining vegetables in sections.
- Add toppings and enjoy!